SMS Marketing (a.k.a. Text Message Marketing) allows you to send coupons, special deals, and other information to your customers.
You should definitely use a reputable service when it comes to SMS marketing. If you simply start texting messages to your customers (or worse yet – random numbers), that’s not text message marketing – that’s text message SPAMMING.
Why SMS Marketing
- 98% of adults aged 18 to 29 in the US own a device capable of receiving a text message . Your customers – and potential customers – are carrying their cell phones with them every where they go. SMS Marketing allows you to reach them while they’re on the go.
- Only 30% of consumers report actually receiving texts from the companies they patronize, despite stating that they would be open to receiving them.
- 64% of consumers are likely to perceive a company contacting them by text in a positive light, according to Harris Interactive. The more positive the impression of your company, the more likely they’ll buy from you, or recommend you to friends and family.
- The average response time for a text message is just 90 seconds. Compare that to the average response time for an email, which is 90 minutes, according to CTIA.org.
- Mobile Marketing Watch reports that 75% of all Millennials would rather communicate via text about appointments, delivers, coupons and the like.
Three Rules of SMS Marketing
There are three things that you MUST keep in mind when it comes to text message marketing:
- You must get permission from every contact before you start sending mass text messages to them.
- You must only send text messages between the hours of 8 am and 9 pm.
- You must send 4 or fewer messages per week.
In many ways, SMS Marketing Solutions are very similar to Email Marketing Solutions. It’s critically important that you get consumer’s PERMISSION to send text messages. (Any time you send messages without getting permission, it’s SPAM and SPAM is not good for your business or your brand.)
In order to get permission to send marketing messages, whether by email or text, you’re going to have to create a “legal bribe.”
The process of signing up for your SMS marketing is fairly straight forward. Consumers text a keyword to a number to subscribe. The system then sends a confirmation message, confirming that they want to subscribe. When the consumer confirms their subscription, they are added to your list. Then the systems sends another text containing the “legal bribe.”
The Legal Bribe
Creating a compelling legal bribe is a critical component of the success of your SMS or Email marketing campaign. The bigger your subscriber base, the bigger your profits will be. That’s why we’ll work with you to create a compelling and selling legal bribe that gets consumers signing up to receive your texts.
Want to learn more?